quality and accuracy as the most important features of our services. Our quality control procedures have always been very rigorous with an emphasis on three main features: language, style and technical accuracy.
The following tools, policies and procedures are used to complete projects with unparalleled levels of quality:
1. Use of professional translation resources:
- CAT tools: full versions of DéjàVu, Transit, Trados, and SDLX
These Computer-Aided Translation tools offer the following advantages:
- reduction of text formatting time
- compatibility and flexibility in working with various editing and DTP software
- quick estimates of the materials to be translated/proofread
- faster management and handling of larger volume projects
- translation consistency of the recurrent term(s) in the same document
- Hard-copy or CD-ROM specialized dictionaries (from famous editing houses like Oxford, Thesaurus, H. Collins, Webster's, Longman, Encarta, Hachette, Gusdorf, Le Robert, Larousse, DeAgostini, Hoepli, Garzanti, Giuffrè Editore, Zanichelli, Zingarelli, Brandstetter, Langenscheidt, Reuter-Reuter, De Gruyter, Polygraph Verlag, Ed. Grammar, Teora, Litera.ro, Polirom, Ed. Juris Argessis, Ed. Tehnica, Ed. Academiei, and more). Please view a list on our Useful Links page.
- Online and internal reference materials and glossaries. Please view a list on our Useful Links page.
2. Use of exclusively native speaker language collaborators with more than 5-year full-time professional experience in the field.
3. Specific database/glossary creation and maintenance for every client.
4. General databases/glossaries creation and maintenance for each field of expertise.
5. Transparency: continuous interaction between the project manager, client, and translator, paying special attention to all comments and queries raised regarding the assignment.
6. Assurance of terminological consistency and uniformity with each new project for the same client, achieved through database updates and adherence to the client-specific terminology.
7. Wide offer of single or package services, speed, and flexibility.
8. Concomitant management of multilingual projects by project managers.
9. Professional second revision by field-specialists in the target languages, an option to be considered especially for any work meant to be published.
10. Post-edition: additional linguistic and formal checks in order to assure the maximum quality of the final product.
These tools, policies and procedures, added to our decennial experience and presence on the market, make Logotec
a professional and reliable partner that you can trust for your language service needs. Our success is demonstrated by the large number of projects that we have completed and the satisfied clients with whom we have partnered.